Expedia® is the world’s leading online travel company with an extensive brand portfolio that includes more than 90 localized online properties:
Founded as a division of Microsoft in 1996, Expedia was spun off in 1999 as a publicly traded company. It is now part of both the S&P 500 and NASDAQ-100 stock market indices.
Expedia is not only reinventing the way people travel, they’re creating a new way of working, too. It’s exciting and inspiring to work for Expedia.
Expedia and EPAM Systems invite software development and testing specialists of all disciplines to attend the “The world of Expedia - the #1 company in online travel technologies” seminar that will take place on 11th of November 2010.
- Expedia.com – world’s largest internet-based travel reservation website;
- Hotels.com - a recognized hotel expert and the leading provider of lodging worldwide;
- Hotwire.com - leading U.S. discount travel site;
- Egencia - the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company;
- TripAdvisor - the world's largest travel community;
- Classic Vacations - luxury travel specials;
- eLong (China's second largest booking site).
Where:Crowne Plaza Hotel, Minsk.
When:11th of November 2010 The registration will open at 18:30 and the seminar will begin at 19:00.
- Expedia – the #1 company in online travel technologies: overview and an inside look.
- Technologies and Architecture - building high performance low latency online travel solutions for Expedia.
- EPAM Systems and Expedia: history, challenges, roadmap.
- Working together: inside look into an active project with Expedia
- Q&A and an informal chat with people from Expedia and EPAM Systems
Speakers and participants lineup:
- David Schwartz, VP of Enterprise Applications & Data Warehouse (Expedia, U.S.)
- Fred Werbel, Senior Director Order Management and Global Payments (Expedia, U.S.)
- Igor Ovsyanik, Senior Director (EPAM Systems, Belarus)
- Viktar Dvorkin, VP of Engineering (EPAM Systems, U.S.)
- Nandor Miklos, Account Manager (EPAM Systems, Hungary)
- Andrei Bohush, Senior Manager (EPAM Systems, Belarus)
- Anna Panicheva, Testing Team Lead (EPAM Systems, Belarus)